- Newton International Fellow, Royal Society of the United Kingdom
Affiliated Scientist, SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
Visiting Scholar, Stanford University
Visiting Scientist, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Visiting Scientist, Central Laser Facility, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
- 2011-2015: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Lawrence Scholar
- 2011-2014: Rice University, Department of Physics & Astronomy, Ph.D.in Plasma Astrophysics
- The 2014-2015 William F. Marlar Scholar, Highest Award in Space Science
- 2009-2011: Rice University, Department of Physics & Astronomy, M.Sc. in Plasma Astrophysics
- 2003-2008: University of California, Los Angeles, B.S. in Physics
- 2016: “Voice of the Future,” Parliament of the United Kingdom
- 1 of 4 Scientists Representing the Royal Society
- 2016: 1st Place, Poster Presentation, NIF & JLF User Group Meeting, LLNL
- 2016: Election to Governing Body, Wolfson College, University of Oxford
- 2015: Principal Investigator, Gemini Laser, Central Laser Facility, UK
- Competitively-Awarded Fully-Funded 5 Week Experiment in 2016
- 2015: Principal Investigator, Amazon AWS Research Grant
- 2015: 1.22 Million Core-Hour Allocation via Prof. Peter Norreys’s grant in the Plasma High-End Computing Consortium, ARCHER Supercomputer
- Y Combinator Fellowship Finalist
- Top 1% of ~6,500 Applicants
- 2015: Royal Society Government Pairing
- 2015: The 2014-2015 William F. Marlar Scholar, Rice University
- Dissertation Awarded the Highest Prize in Space Science
- 2015: Newton International Fellowship, Royal Society
- 1st U. S. Physicist to Win
- 2015: Junior Research Fellowship, Wolfson College, University of Oxford
- 2015: Visiting Scholarship, Stanford University
- 2015: Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Oxford (Declined)
- 2014: Postdoctoral Fellowship, Stanford University (Declined)
- 2013: Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Texas, Austin (Declined)
- Summ. 2012: Departmental Scholarship, Institute for Pure and Applied Mathematics, UCLA
- 2011: Lawrence Scholarship, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Awarded Full Funding of Ph.D. Research
- 2011: Physics of Plasmas “Top 20 Most Read Articles” Publication
- 2010: 1st Prize, Physics Section, LLNL Student Poster Symposium
Inventions & Simulation Tools
2015: “Characterisation of Dynamical Physical Systems.” Method for understanding energy flow through complex physical systems of particles. Patent pending, UK Application No. 1509636.5. Sole inventor.
2015: “PRIME.” 3-D realistic high-intensity laser-driven proton radiography simulation tool. Matthew C. Levy et al., Rev. Sci. Instr., 86, 033302.
- Centre for Postgraduate Training in Plasma Physics & High Energy Density Science
Lectured to students from the University of Oxford, Imperial College, and University of Warwick
- Single-Particle Motion
- Fluid Equations I
- Magnetohydrodynamics I
- Undergraduate Students, University of Oxford
- Summ. 2015: Jaydip Jani (St. Edmund Hall)
- Summ. 2015: Benjamin Spiers (Lady Margaret Hall)
- Masters Students, University of Oxford
- DPhil (Ph.D.) Students, University of Oxford
- 2015-2016: Naren Ratan (New)
Advised students’ work on a day-to-day basis. Prof. P. A. Norreys is their supervisor.
Referee for Nature Scientific Reports (Nature Publishing Group), Physics of Plasmas (Institute of Physics), High Energy Density Physics (Elsevier), Entropy (MDPI Publishing), Plasma Science and Technology (Institute of Plasma Physics).
Jun. 2015: Invited Speaker, US Department of Energy, “Frontiers of Plasma Science Workshop,” Washington, DC.
May 2015: Chair, Organizing Committee, “Inertial Confinement Fusion Ignition Sessions”, two-day workshop.
2014-: Executive Committee Member, Jupiter Laser Facility User Group, LLNL.
2010-2011: Vice President, Physics & Astronomy Graduate Student Association, Rice University.
Selected Invited Talks
- Apr. 2016: Oxford Centre for High Energy Density Science Annual Meeting, University of Oxford, UK
Feb. 2016: Physics & Astronomy Colloquium, Dartmouth College, New Hampshire
- Dec. 2015: Central Laser Facility Meeting of the High Power Laser Science Community, Abingdon, UK
- Aug. 2015: International Workshop on the Interrelationship between Plasma Experiments in the Laboratory and in Space (IPELS), Scotland, UK
- Jun. 2015: US Department of Energy, Frontiers of Plasma Science Workshop, Washington DC
- Jun. 2015: Anomalous Absorption Conference, Los Angeles, California
- Jun. 2015 Physical & Life Sciences Seminar, LLNL, Livermore, California
- May 2015: Inertial Confinement Fusion Ignition Sessions, University of Oxford, UK
- Mar. 2015: Oxford Centre for High Energy Density Science Annual Meeting, University of Oxford, UK
- Nov. 2013: High Energy Density Science Association (HEDSA) Symposium, APS Division ofPlasma Physics, Denver, Colorado
- Sept. 2013: International Conference on Inertial Fusion Science and Applications (IFSA), Nara,Japan
- Aug. 2013: Fusion VIP Seminar, University of Texas at Austin, Texas
- Jun. 2013: International Conference on High Energy Density Physics (ICHED), Saint-Malo,France
Page last updated July 2016.