Two unique positions based in Oxford, United Kingdom for a 6 month technology project in machine learning / physics with commercial prospects.
(1) Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Oxford, Department of Physics
(2) Research Assistant, University of Oxford, Department of Physics
The project was reported on by Wolfson College, University of Oxford.
- Goal is to develop and code machine learning algorithms operating on large-scale datasets of particles (e.g., fluids, plasmas).
- Unique positions which have the potential to advance your career in both academia and industry.
- Very Good/Excellent deep learning programming skills in Python are necessary: ideal library is Theano, but TensorFlow and others will be considered. Experience in cloud-based code deployment is highly desired. Background in physics, particularly in laser and/or plasma physics, is highly desired.
- Requirement to have an existing right to work in the United Kingdom.
- We have interest from a large industrial partner in our patent-pending prototype technology; if the project is successful there will be the possibility to take leadership roles in a spinout.
- Opportunity to be involved in the development of new intellectual property.
- Salaries starting at £30,738 p.a. (postdoctoral) and £27,328 p.a. (research assistant), depending on experience.
- New computers and office space provided.
Descriptions are also available here and via:
For details please contact me.
Page last updated July 2016.